HVAC Service Technician
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years
- Specialty: Medium-to-large commercial
This is a HVAC service technician position in our service department.
The right candidate will have excellent technical skills and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. This person must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and must also possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to analyze a variety of problems and work independently. This position requires mature judgment and initiative. Time management and organizational skills are also essential.
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for commercial, municipal, education, and healthcare customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit all necessary paperwork.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Five to seven years of experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid social security number
- Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefit