HVAC Controls Engineer
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design controls projects to meet the scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility.
- Provide AutoCAD labor as required to complete submittals, sequence of operations and other engineered drawings accurately and professionally.
- Interpret project documents, estimates, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner.
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure engineering is accurate and timely.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, value engineering, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required to ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
- Suggest/recommend new products that provide better functionality and value to projects.
- Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Assist sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two-year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent.
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and other Windows products.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer problems.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- A basic understanding of HVAC systems and operations.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays