EC&D inc Home :: Contact and Location Info  
 
Company Profile
Mission Statement
Career Opportunities
Location & Contact Info
 
Compatibility
Open Standard Support
Remote Communication
Information Management
System Scalability
Facility Management
 
Critical Environment
Integration
Life Safety and Security Technology
Lighting Control
 
HVAC Service and Retrofit Dept.
Preventive Maintenance Agreements
DDC Preventive Maintenance Agreements
Energy Consulting and Performance Contracts
Grant Writing
 

 

 
    Training Overview
    Classes & Curriculum
 
 
     
Company Profile

History:
Energy Control & Design was started in 1979 when three technicians left a major controls manufacturer to start their own temperature controls company. They acquired the exclusive distribution rights for the Landis & Gyr-Powers controls line, and have held that line ever since.

Siemens Corp. acquired Landis & Gyr-Powers in 1998, and re-named that division to Siemens Industry, Inc.

Relationship with Siemens Corp:
EC&D continues to be privately owned, but it receives full back-up and support from the Siemens Corporation.

Siemens Industry, Inc. provides a full range top-tier facility management automation, including building automation, performance contracting, fire alarm and life safety, security and critical environments, systems integration, and facility management services. Moreover, Siemens has made a commitment to expand its presence in the building automation marketplace.
see more on
Siemens Industry, Inc.

Siemensí commitment also includes designing energy management systems which are backwards compatible. This has been true since they started designing systems in 1979.

Work Force:
Energy Control & Design is now the largest independent temperature controls contractor in NE Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Since EC&D is a union shop, it can supplement its work force by drawing on workers from the Steamfitters and Electricians Unions.

Depth of Experience:
The depth of controls experience at EC&D is unlike any other temperature controls company in Wisconsin. Of the 12 key personnel, they have nearly 300 years combined experience, which averages to 24 years experience per person.

Over 2600 construction projects have been completed to date (refer to Appendix VI, List of Projects). Energy Control & Design has led the market share in the temperature controls market in NE Wisconsin since 1990.

Business Focus:
75% of EC&Dís revenue is generated from temperature controls. The remaining 25% of revenues comes from HVAC service work, HVAC preventive maintenance contracts and parts sales.
Energy Control & Designís goal is to be viewed as Wisconsin and the Upper Michiganís best source for temperature controls.

Scale of Projects:
Energy Control & Designís business is focused on projects that are of medium to large scale.

Service:
EC&Dís service department is capable of maintaining and retrofitting all types of HVAC equipment. Also, the controls technicians have a wide range of experience and are able to service many brands of controls, including Johnson Controls, Barber Coleman, Siebe, Honeywell and Andover.

Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Most control parts are stocked at EC&Dís Appleton facility.

Training:
Customer training consists of a combination of on-site training and structured courses taught by Siemens certified instructors. Ten levels of training are taught at the Siemens Building Technologies Training Center in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. These are hands-on courses using the DDC programs and HVAC simulators.

As a convenience to NE Wisconsin customers, the first level DDC course is taught at the EC&D office in Appleton, Wisconsin, every year in the spring and fall. These classes use the same simulators and instructors as the Buffalo Grove classes. Classes last four days (32 hours).
see more on
Training Overview.

Local Ties:
Energy Control & Design is based in Appleton, Wisconsin, with a branch office in Negaunee, Michigan. This close proximity ensures tight project supervision and strong follow-up.

Summary:
Unlike many other local contractors, EC&Dís business focus and expertise is primarily on temperature controls at large facilities and institutions. By maintaining this focus, Energy Control & Design has become the largest and most experienced independent temperature controls contractor in NE Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.

By using the first-rate Siemens equipment, experienced management and skilled work force, EC&D is positioned to deliver a high quality product.

 

 

 
© Energy Control & Design, Inc